Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Random Events

This is all getting out of order.

Not just the human race but this blog.

Last Saturday I went hiking. I had been warned not to go hiking in the afternoon because the weather can turn windy/rainy. So after an early lunch I set off for a hike. Forgot to close my skylight. Hiked for an hour up the mountain. Really nice views. Got to see some of the other REACH earthships from a distance. At REACH all the earthships are cut into the side of a mountain and it is quite high density in some areas where earthships are practically stacked on top of each other.

Anyway to cut a long story short I got very wet and when I eventually returned, after a wrong turn in my sprint down the mountain, all hell was starting to break loose in the house. The indoor cistern was about to overflow and I was still not even aware of the skylight problem. I spent the next 3 hours attending to the chaos. It was quite a downpour. Everything dried the next day. Even my computer which I baked in the greenhouse to make sure everything was dry.


Sunday

worked on the driveway at REACH. Stayed at REACH. Talked to Zoe, Zephyr and Aquilo.
A humming bird came inside. Rich caught it with his hands and let it go outside.




Monday

back to work at the Greater World. More tyre pounding and preparing the earth cliff. 10" offset from tyre wall. Plumb.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a bit silly bro; sounds like a huge adventure... Good that you are going to be fit and well to build my Earth Ship :)