Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thursday 7 August 2008

Another day of pounding tyres. It is painful, but rewarding. My hands are blistered and my eyeballs are full of dust.

A tyre wall is a spectacular feat of engineering (and persistence) and future earthlings will ponder how they were made - much like the pyramids. I think Earthships will be very durable and I'm sure there will be many more landing on Earth in the years to come.

I'm learning a lot by working with these mad bastards. Totally mad, but awesome at what they do. We need an army of people who are willing to do this kind of work. Maybe that is what the army should be doing. Make Earthships Not War!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Nice Blog, love it... :) Earthsips are the future and I want to convert an old blue or sand stone Adelaide house into one. We need to know how to retrofit the existing homes.

Have fun

Carpo said...

Dear Marty

Just read your "blog". Sounds great. We have had some great rain over here. Caught up with Zoe and the boys last Monday. Jesse arrived this arvo from Uluru.
Hope you are well.

Peter and Wendy

Anonymous said...

hey marty nice blog indeed, i'll keep checking it.

Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Hi Marty,
I'm enjoying reading your blog :) It all sounds fascinating....hope the last few days have been great...waiting for your next post!
catch ya,
Sascha x